What is an Export Process?
Most Davie processes identify the “who” using various methods, mark constituents with the communication, and then create a file using fields in an export definition. An Export Process uses a single query/selection to identify the “who”, it does not mark records in any way, and creates a file using an export definition. It is a simple way to get information about a population when not running a communication process.
What is an Export Definition and how is it used?
An export definition is a defined set of fields which can return a wide variety of information about a population. It returns one row per constituent, and often has many fields/columns. Export definitions are used in various Davie processes, such as correspondence processes, marketing efforts, event invitation processes, and export processes. The different processes each function in a unique way, but the final file generated by the process is created using an export definition.
How can I alter the fields in an Export Definition?
For an export definition that belongs to your site, if you wish to add, remove, or reorder the columns, submit a ticket to Davie Support. Only a UDO Business Analyst should alter an export definition.
How to Run an Export Process
- Click Administration from the Navigation Menu. Select Export if you are not taken directly to the list of export processes.
- Search for Export Processes for site
- Click on Poplar and select Edit
- Click the magnifying glass by Selection, and search for desired selection. This can either be a query saved as a selection or an existing import selection.
- For Export definition, ensure desired export definition for your site is populated.
- Some sites have multiple export definitions for different purposes
- To alter which export definition is populated, click the magnifying glass and search for desired definition.
- Click Save
- Click Poplar and select Start Export
- Once the process is complete, click Download output from the Recent Status tab
- Files are only current as of when they were created. The Export Process must be rerun if updated information is required.